- Contest is open only to amateur home brewers that are active members in good standing of a participating club. Professional brewers, even if club members, are not eligible.
- Only one entry permitted per person per competition unless otherwise noted. Individuals may also enter as part of a team.
- You may register your entry by completing the online entry registration form above.
- Only one entry allowed per person, per club. In the case of multiple entries by a person, judges will select one of the entries at random for official judging.
Deadline for Entry Registration
- Online entry registration form will be available between opening and closing registration dates noted for each competition.
- Online entry registration must be received within the opening and closing times and dates specified.
- Remember to submit two (2) 12 or 22 ounce bottles, and complete your bottle labels accurately and in accordance with the BJCP 2015 Style Guidlelines.
- Bottles may be dropped off at Homebrew USA in Norfolk or Brew & Bottle in Newport News no later than Friday before the following Wednesday’s judging. Example: If judging is Wednesday, March 14 then the bottles must be dropped off no later than Friday, March 9.
- The BJCP 2015 Style Guidelines will be used for judging.
- Categories may be combined or separated depending on number of entries and judges available.
- BJCP score sheets will be used and all official entries will receive comments on their entries.
- These competitions individually and as a whole are not officially sanctioned by the BJCP, so no BJCP points will be given.
- Judges decisions are final.
Scoring and Points
- All participants will receive one (1) point for competing while Overall First, Second and Third place finishers, as determined by Best in Show, will receive an additional five (5) points, four (4) points and three (3) points respectively.
- Points will be cumulative for each individual with an overall winner being determined based on these points (teams count as an individual for scoring purposes).
- Unless otherwise noted, judging will take place at 6:00pm on the specified date in the Training Room of Support Services of Virginia, 424 Investors Place #109, Virginia Beach, VA 23452. Parking around back.
- We encourage members of all the member clubs to attend and learn/teach others about judging and stewarding.
© 2016-2019 Brewers Cup.